HEMSTOP Preoperative Hemostatic Assessment Questionnaire
Aka: HEMSTOP Preoperative Hemostatic Assessment Questionnaire
- See Also
- Preoperative Examination
- Preoperative Examination in Children
- Preoperative Examination in Older Adults
- Preoperative ExaminationCoagulopathy screening
- History: Criteria (Mnemonic: HEMSTOP)
- Have you ever experienced Bruises or Hematomas >2 cm without Trauma or severe Bruising with minor Trauma?
- Have you ever had prolonged or unusual bleeding requiring medical evaluation and treatment?
- Menorrhagia (women)
- Have you ever had prolonged or heavy menstrual periods requiring medical evaluation and management?
- Have you had excessive bleeding during or after surgery
- Tooth Extraction
- Have you ever had prolonged after Tooth Extraction that required medical or dental evaluation?
- Obstetrics (women)
- Have you had prolonged or excessive bleeding following a delivery?
- Is there anyone in your family with a Coagulation Disorder (e.g. Hemophilia, Von Willebrand Disease)
- Two or more positive answers suggests Bleeding Disorder
- Test Sensitivity: 89.5%
- Test Specificity: 98.6%
- Bonhomme (2016) Can J Anaesth 63(9): 1007-15 [PubMed]