Elder Abuse Suspicion Index
Aka: Elder Abuse Suspicion Index
- Questions are summarized here
- Questions should be asked based on the full Elder Abuse Suspicion Index (EASI) - see resources below
- Questions: Regarding the prior 12 months (assign one of the following for each: "Yes", "No", or "Did not get answer"/"Not sure")
- Relied on others for Activities of Daily Living (e.g. bathing, shopping)?
- Prevented from obtaining basic needs (e.g. food, clothing, medical care)?
- Verbally abused or threatened?
- Forced to sign papers or transfer money?
- Emotional, physical or sexual abuse?
- Signs of abuse (based on physician assessment) such as withdrawn, malnourished, poor hygiene or Bruises?
- Any "Yes" answer for questions 2-6 should raise concern
- Elder Abuse Suspicion Index (EASI) - at University of Iowa Carver
- Yaffe (2012) Can Fam Physician 58(12): 1336-40 [PubMed]