Flexor Tendon Laceration
Aka: Flexor Tendon Laceration
- Partial or complete loss of finger flexion
- May be associated with digital nerve injuries
- Carefully evaluate any Laceration near palmaris longus
- High risk for Median Nerve Injury!
- Refer to orthopedics for immediate flexor tendon repair
- Indicated for all cases except in "No Man's Land"
- Close skin if Laceration is in "No Man's Land"
- Between sublimis insertion and distal palmar crease
- Prone to adhesions
- Between lacerated tendons and flexor sheath pulleys
- Consult for secondary tendon graft in 6-8 weeks