Anti-streptolysin O titer
Aka: Anti-streptolysin O titer, Anti-streptococcus O titer, ASO Titer
- Latex agglutination test
- Identifies serum Antibody to streptolysin O
- Group A Streptococcus Oxygen labile hemolysin
- Sensitive for acute streptococcal infection
- Early Penicillin prevents ASO rise
- Increases within one week of infection
- Peaks 2-4 weeks after infection
- Age 5-12 years: <333 I.U.
- Young Adults: <200 I.U.
- Streptococcus respiratory infection
- Acute Rheumatic Fever (80%)
- Acute Glomerulonephritis (95%)
- Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis (20%)
- Acute Poststreptococcal Glomerulonephritis (70%)